Dr. Kamel Abd-Elsalam
- Academic History:
- Ph.D. (Molecular Plant Pathology). Suez Canal University in cooperation with
Institute of Phytopathology, Christian Alberchts University of Kiel, Germany
from 2001 to 2003.
- M.Sc. (Molecular Plant Pathology). Zagazig University 1998.
- B.Sc. (Plant Pathology). Zagazig University 1992.
- Research Specialty and Interests:
- Genetic Diversity Studies
- DNA-based Technologies
- Genetic Mapping
- Professional Experience:
- Job title: (Molecular Plant Pathologist)
- Employer's Name and Address: Agricultural Research Center, Plant Pathology
Research Institute, Molecular Markers Lab. 9 Gamma St., Orman, 12619, Giza,
- Assistance Researcher (1995-1998)
- Researcher Assistance (1998-2001)
- Doctoral Fellowships, Institute of Phytopathology, Kiel, Germany
- Membership in Professional Societies:
- Egyptian Phytopathological Society, Egypt
- International Society for Pest Information (ISPI), Germany
- Phytoremediation Electronic Newsgroup Network, Italy
- Professional Activities:
Publishing editor for African Journal
Plant Pathology (AJPP)
- International journal :
- Abd-Elsalam K. A., F. Schnieder and J. A. Verreet (2002) Population
analysis of Fusarium spp. Phytomedizin 3: 18-19.
- Abd-Elsalam K. A., M. S. Khalil, A. A. Aly, and A. Asarn-Amal (2002)
Genetic diversity among Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. vasinfectum isolates revealed
by UP-PCR and AFLP markers. Phytopathologia Mediterranea 41: 252-258.
- Abd-Elsalam K. A., F. Schnieder, M. S. Khalil, A.A. Aly and J. A.
Verreet (2003) Genetic variation at the intra- and interspecific level in
Fusarium spp. associated from Egyptian cottons. Journal of Plant diseases and
Protection 110: 46-53.
- Abdel-Satar M. A., M. S. Khalil, I. N. Mohmed, K. A. Abd-Elsalam and
J. A. Verreet (2003) Molecular phylogeny of Fusarium species by AFLP
fingerprint. African Journal of Biotechnology 2: 51-55.
- Abd-Elsalam K. A., I. N. Mohmed, M. A. Abdel-Sattar, M. S. Khalil and
J. A. Verreet. (2003) PCR identification of Fusarium genus based on nuclear
ribosomal-DNA sequence data. African Journal of Biotechnology 2: 82-85.
- Abd-Elsalam K. A., F. Schnieder, M. S. Khalil, M. A. Abdel-Sattar,
and J. A. Verreet (2003) Use of AFLP fingerprinting to analyze genetic variation
within and between populations of Fusarium spp. derived from Egyptian cottons.
Journal Plant Pathology (in press).
- Abd-Elsalam K. A., F. Schnieder and J. R. Guo (2003) A modified DNA
extraction minipreparation protocol for Fusarium isolates. Journal of Rapid
Methods and Automation in Microbiology (in press).
- Guo J., K. A. Abd-Elsalam, F. Schnieder and J. A. Verreet (2003) A
rapid and effective method for total RNA extraction from conidia and mycelia of
Septoria tritici. Journal of Rapid Methods and Automation in Microbiology (in
- Conferances :
- Khalil M. S., A. A. Aly, F. Schnieder and K. A. Abd-Elsalam (2002)
Effect of gel matrices on characterization of Fusarium oxysporum and Fusarium
oxysporum f. sp. vasinfectum by RAPD analysis. DNA Based Molecular Construction
International Workshop, 23-25 May Jena, Germany.
- Abd-Elsalam K. A., F. Schnieder, J. A. Verreet, M. S. Khalil, M. A.
Abdel-Sattar and I. N. Mohmed (2002) Comparison of SDS-PAGE, Isozymes, RAPD and
AFLP genetic markers in determining genetic similarity among 46 Fusarium spp.
isolates. 53 Deutsche Pflanzenschutztagung, in Bonn, Germany, 16-19 September,
2002. Abstract No. 289.
- Abd-Elsalam K. A., F. Schnieder, A. Asran-Amal and J-A. Verreet
(2003). Evolution of RAPD, AFLP and ITS-PCR-RFLP analysis for Molecular Typing
of Fusarium oxysporum isolates in Egypt. Achen Arbeitskreise Mykologie 21-22
- Abd-Elsalam K. A. , F. Schnieder, A. A. Asran-Amal, A. A. Aly and M.
S. Khalil (2003) Comparative assessment of genotyping methods for study genetic
diversity of Fusarium oxysporum isolates. Submitted to (Genetics and Molecular
- Abd-Elsalam K. A., F. Schnieder, A. Asran-Amal, M. S. Khalil and J,
A. Verreet (2003) Intraspecies genomic groups in Fusarium semitectum and their
correlation with origin and morphological characteristics. Submitted to (Journal
of Plant Diseases and Protection).
- Khalil M. S., I. N. Mohmed, M. A. Abdel-Sattar, K. A. Abd-Elsalam and
J. A. Verreet (2003) Randomly amplified polymorphic DNA analysis of genetic
homology within and between Fusarium species. Submitted to (African Journal of
- M. S. Khalil, M. A. Abdel-Sattar, I. N. Aly, K. A. Abd-Elsalam and
J-A. Verreet Genetic affinities of Fusarim spp. and their correlation with
origin and pathogenicity African Journal of Biotechnology 2: 109-113.
- Abd-Elsalam K.A. (2003) Bioinformatic tools and guideline for PCR
primer design. African Journal of Biotechnology 2: 91-95.
The Arab Scientists in Cooperation with The High Institute of Marine Research. Publish all the researches abstracts, which presented in The Regional Workshop on Marine Sciences and Natural Resources, Tishreen University, Lattakia, Syria, 25-26 May 2004.
The Arab Scientists in Cooperation with The Egyptian Society for Biological Control of Pests . Publish all the researches abstracts, which presented in The First Arab Conference of Applied Biological Pest Control, Cairo, Egypt, 5-7 April 2004.
The First International Symposium on Environnement protection for development Biotechnological aspects. Fez, December
15 – 17, 2004.
The Second Syrian-Egyptian conference in the Agriculture and Food.
Agriculture Faculty, Al-Baath university, Homs, Syria. 25-28 April, 05
Current Status of Plant Protection in Yemen and Future Strategy.
Faculty of Agriculture, Sana'a University, Sana'a, yemen. December 18-20/2004
The 9th International Conference of the Orthopterists’ Society
Canada, on August 14 19, 2005
The First Arab Conference on Applications of Biological Control of Pests in Arab Countries
Middle-East Academy for Medicine of Ageing
First Annual Middle-East Age & Aging Meeting
8-11 April, 2004
Arab Society for Plant Protection (ASPP) in Cooperation with The Arab Scientists
Publish all the researches abstracts, which presented in the Eighth Arab Congress of
Plant Protection, held in Faculty of Agriculture, Omar Al-Mukhtar University, El-beida
City, Libya, October 12-16,2003