Dr. Ahmed M. Abdel-Salam
- Name: Ahmed M. Abdel-Salam
- Address: Food Science and Human Nutrition Department,
College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Qassim University, Buraidah PO Box 6622,
- Telephone:+ 96663800050 Ext. (2380) (Work)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.Sc. in in Agricultural Science with final grade Excellent with Honour degree at the Dairy Science Department , Faculty of Agriculture , Assiut Unversity.1991
- M.Sc. in Agricultural Science on Thesis entitled "Studies on lactoferrin of colostrum and milk from different species of animals" at the Dairy Science Department , Faculty of Agriculture , Cairo Unversity.1996
- Ph. D. in Agricultural Science on Thesis entitled "Studies on the recombinant bovine lactoferrin and human lyzoyme: Structure, biosynthesis and antibacterial activity in milk" , Faculty of Agriculture , Cairo Unversity. 2001.
- Arabic, Mother tong.
- 2006-Until now: Associate professor in Food Science and Human Nutrition Department, College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Qassim University, PO Box 6622, Buraidah-51452, Saudi Arabia.
- 2006: Associate professor in Food Science and Nutrition Division , National Research Centre, 33 El-Tahrir St., P. O. 12622 Dokki , Dokki, Cairo, Egypt
- Scientific Techniques Experience:
- Extensive experience in the functional Extensive experience in functional foods and Applied Nutrition.
- Extensive experience in the functional characterization of bioactive protective proteins cloning and expresion in mammalian cells and Yeast.
- Experience in and Dairy Science and its application in clinical Nutrition.
- Experience in food , plant and drugs analysis
- Experience in a various biochemical techniques, including developing and optimizing HPLC, SDS-PAGE gel electrophoresis, Western blotting, gel filtration, ion-exchange and affinity chromatography, large-scale purification of recombinant proteins or plasmid DNA from E. coli
- Extensive experience of modern molecular biology techniques such as RNA and DNA purification, cDNA synthesis, in vitro transcription, PCR, RT-PCR, (Roche Lightcycler), cloning- and subcloning, agarose gel electrophoresis, sequencing, transfection of pro- and eucaryotic host cells, purification of recombinant proteins.
- Extensive experience in food Qaulity control and safety.
- Informatics and Bioinformatics Experience
- Extensive experience in the use and management of Microsoft Windows personal computer systems. Working knowledge of the fundamentals and basic use of some chromatographic and biotechnological software systems.
- In depth knowledge of the use of standard office software suites such as Microsoft Office and a number of MS Backoffice products.
- Proficient in setting up and using Internet applications. Experience in designing, implementing and maintaining small web sites.
- Membership scientific
- Technical Editor in American Journal of Food Technology
- Technical Editor in Asian Journal Clinical Nutrition
- Technical Editor in International Journal of Dairy Science
- Membership in Scientific Societies:
- Egyptian Society of Dairy Science.
- Sudian Society of Food Science and Nutrition
- Organizic Committee of 8th , 9th and 10th Egyptian Conference For Dairy Science and Technology 2001, 2004 and 2007.
- Organizic Committee of 1st camel meeting 2006, Qassim University Saudia arabia.
- Preparive Organizic Committee of 2 nd Palm tree Conference which will be organized in College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Qassim University, Saudi Arabia.
- Organizic Member in teaching and accreditation unit and committee.
- Organizic Member in different committee in College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Qassim University, Saudi Arabia
- Patent No. 393/10/2004. Production of Lilac "reconstituted milk for phenylketonuria patients" (2004). Patent No. 393/10/2004. Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, Development and Scientific Services Sector. Egyptian Patent Office.
- Patent No. 105/03/2005: Production of therapeutically capsules pharmaceutical-plants and herb mixtures. Patent No. 105/03/2005. Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, Development and Scientific Services Sector. Egyptian Patent Office.
- Patent No. 436/10/2005: "Promotier" Phanctional feed additives . Patent No. 436/10/2005. Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, Development and Scientific Services Sector. Egyptian Patent Office.
- Patent No. 426/9/2005. Production of dried reconstituted milk for baby, childhood, infant and adults phenylketonuria patients" (2004). Patent No. 426/9/2005. Academy of Scientific Research and Technology, Development and Scientific Services Sector. Egyptian Patent Office.
- List of publication
- Abdel-Salam A. M, Naglaa Ammar and Abdel-Hamid A.Z. (2008). Effectiveness of probiotic labneh supplemented with garlic or onion oil against Schistosoma mansoni in Infected mice.Inrenational Journal of Dairy Science, (2), 1-8.
- Al-Turki 1 A. I., El-Ziney, M. G. & Abdel-Salam A. M, (2008). Chemical and anti-bacterial characterization of aqueous extracts of oregano, marjoram,sage and licorice and its application in milk and labneh.. Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment - JFAE. Vol. 6. (1).
- Al-Sobayil, K.A.; Zeitoun M. M.; Khalil ,M.H and Abdel-Salam A. M,(2008). Effect of oral administration of a functional synbiotic syrup on libido , semen characteristics ,serum testosterone and liver and kidney function of goat's bucks . accepted in Journal of Biological Science, April, 2008.
- Al-Wabel, N., Mousa, H. M. , Omer, O.H. and Abdel-Salam A. M, (2008). Biological evaluation of aqueous herbal extracts and stirred yoghurt filtrate mixture against alloxan-induced oxidative stress and diabetes in rats. International Journal of Pharmacology, In press 2008.
- El-Sayed, E. M. , Abdel-Salam A. M , Badran S. , and Ibrahim G. A. (2008). Effect of chicory water extract and lactulose syrup on growth and viability of Lactobacillus plantarum , Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus casei subsp. rhamnosuss in skim milk. Inrenational Journal of Dairy Science, (4), 12-18.
- Abdel-Salam A. M, and Ahmed S. M. (2007). Preparation and evaluation of formulated functional cheesecake for diabetics. Journal of Food, Agriculture &Environment - JFAE Vol 5. (3&4) 8-12 ).
- Al-Wabel, N., Mousa, H. M. , Omer, O.H. and Abdel-Salam A. M, (2007). Biological evaluation of Synbiotic fermented milk containing, honey, garlic, gensin, cod liver oil and chicory inulin against lead acetate-contamination in rat . Journal of Food, Agriculture & Environment - JFAE. Vol. 5. (3&4), 169-172 .
- Abd El Gawad I. A., El-Sayed E. M. , Abdel-Salam A. M,, Mahfouz M. B. and Naim H.Y. (2004). Generation of recombinant bovine lactoferricin in non-polar epithelial cells by dna-technique. The International Conference of Gentic Engeneering and its applications , April 8-11, 2004:27-34.
- Abdel-Salam A. M, Abd El Gawad, I. A. ;El-Sayed, E. M. ; Mahfouz, M. B. and Naim, H (2003). N- Glycosylation, intracellular transport and sorting of recombinant bovine lactoferrin in polar and non-polar epithelial cells. Milchwissenschaft 58(7/8).
- Abd El Gawad, I. A. ; El-Sayed, E. M. ; Abdel-Salam, A. M.; Mahfouz, M. B. and Naim, H. (2003). Cloning and expresssion of cDNA encoding bovine lactoferrin in non-polar epithelial cells. Milchwissenschaft 58(9/10) 470473.
- El-Sayed, E. M.,:Mahfouz, M. B.; Abdel-Salam, A. M.; Abd El Gawad, I. A and Naim , H. (2003). Antimicrobial activity of recombinant bovine lactoferrin and lactoferricin-B and gylcosylated human lysozyme. Milchwissenschaft Vol. 58 (5/6) 266-270 .
- Mahfouz, M. B.; El-Sayed; E. M. Abdel-Salam A. M,Abd El Gawad, I. A. and Naim, H. (2003). Biosynthesis and sorting of N-glycosylated humanLysozyme in polar and non-polar epithelial cells. Egyptian J. Dairy Science, Vol. 31 (1) : 71-80.
- Abdel-Salam A. M,, Khattab A. A., Zahran M. M. , Mahfouz, M. B. and Naim, Y. H. (2006). Biosynthesis of bovine lactoferrin in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and its anti-bacterial activity. Milchwissenschaft/Milk Science International Vol. 61 No. (1) 14-18.
- Maghraby A. S., Mohamed M. A and Abdel-Salam A. M, (2005). Anti-schistosomal activity of colostral and mature camel milk on Schistosoma mansoni infected mice. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 2005 December;14 (4): 432-438.
- K. Z Ghanem, A. M. Abdel-Salam and A. S. Maghraby (2005). Immunoprophylactic effect of yoghurt-containing probiotic feeding on Schistosoma mansoni infected mice. Polish Food Science and Nutrition Journal Vol. 14/55, 123-126.
- GHANEM K. Z., BADAWY I. H. and Abdel-Salam A. M, (2004). Influence of yoghurt and probiotic yoghurt on the absorption of calcium, magnesium, iron and bone mineralization in rats. Milchwissenschaft Vol. 59:9/10, 470-475.
- Afify, A. M; Mohamed, M. A.; Abdel-Salam A. M, and Abd El-Azim S. A. (2003). Electrophoretic analysis of colostrum and mature Egyptian human milk using SDS-polyacrylamide gel. Milchwissenschaft 58 (11/12)583-585.
- Khattab A. A. , Soliman K. M., Abu Sree Y. H. and Abdel-Salam A. M, (2004). Application of interspecific protoplast fusion for construction new hybrid probiotic bacteria inhibited some of mycotoxigenic fungi growth in yoghurt. Egypt. J. Biotechnol. Vol. 17, June 515-527
- Badawy I. H. Abdel-Salam A. M,, Omara E. A. and Farrag A. H. (2004). Hepatoprotective effect of colostrum, mature and fermented camel milk on carbon tetrachloride-Induced Liver Damage in mice. Bull.Nat. Nutr. .Inst.Cairo, Egypt (24) 58-75.
- Abdel-Salam A. M,, Badawy I. H. , Farrag A. H. and Mohamed A. M, (2004). Anticarcinogenic activity of colostral, mature and fermented camel milk against Ehrlich ascites caricinoma cells (In vitro and Vivo studies). Egyptian J. of Nutr. Vol.XIX No. 2 : 51-67.
- Hanaa A. Mansour, El behery S. and Abdel-Salam A. M, (2004). Evaluation of the antibacterial potential of bovine and buffalo's lactoferrin under heat different treatments. New Egyptian Journal of Microbiology Vol. 8 May, 360-375
- Aida S. Salem , Abdel-Salam A. M and El-Shibiny S. (2003). Preparation and properties of low fat and low sugar functional ice cream. Egyptian J. Dairy Science, 31 (2) .399-409.
- Abdel-Salam A. M,, Zaghloul A. H. and Aida S. Salem (2004). Evaluation of Physical and Organolyptic Properties of Some Herb Beverage Commonly Consumed Blend with Milk Permeate. Bull.Nat. Nutr. .Inst.Cairo, Egypt (24): 1-17.
- Badawy, I., H.; Ghanem K. Z. ; Abdel-Salam A. M,(2004): Biological evaluation of prebiotic, probiotic and synbiotic yoghurt. Bull.Nat. Nutr. .Inst.Cairo, Egypt (24): 42-53.
- El-Sayed* M. A. Fahmy , H. A, and Abdel-Salam*, A. M. (2005). Effect of homogenizion and refrigeration storage of buffalo`s milk on the quality of yoghurt. Egyptian Biotechnol. J. Vol. 20, June 465-473.
- Gabrial S. G. and Abdel-Salam A. M, (2004). A Low Calorie Cheesecake as meal replacement for diabetics. Accepted in Egypt. Med. J. NRC, March Vol. 4, No. 6 (2005).
- Abdel-Salam, A. M. and Fahmy , H. A (2003). Effect of the thermal treatments on carbohydrates, vitamin C, retinol and ?-tocopherol of buffalo`s milk. Minufya J. Agric. Res. 28 (3) 886-877.
- Abd-El fattah Sh. M ; Abdel-Salam A. M, and Abu-Seif F. A. (2004). Anti-microbial Activities of Yoghurt Containing Licorice Extract Against Mycotoxigenic Fungi and Mycotoxins Formation. Bull.Nat. Nutr. .Inst.Cairo, Egypt Vol. 25 : 22-43
- Abdel-Salam A. M,, Nadia M. A. Dabiza, Hegazi A. E.and Abu Sree Y. H (2003). Prolongate shelf life and safety of an analogue of sponge yoghurt cake using water activity technique. Egyptian J. of Nutr.Vol.XVIII No.4: 219-240.
- Mahfouz, M. B.; Elham, M. El-Sayed; Abd El Gawad, I. A., El-Etriby, H. M. and Abdel-Salam A. M,(1997). Structural studies on colostrum and milk lactoferrins from defferent species. Egyptian J. Dairy Science, 25 (1) .
- Abd El Gawad, I. A.; Elham, M. El-Sayed; Mahfouz, M. B. and Abdel-Salam A. M, (1996). Changes of lactoferrin concentration in colostrum and milk from different species. Egyptian J. Dairy Science, 24 (2) 297-308 .
The Arab Scientists in Cooperation with The High Institute of Marine Research. Publish all the researches abstracts, which presented in The Regional Workshop on Marine Sciences and Natural Resources, Tishreen University, Lattakia, Syria, 25-26 May 2004.
The Arab Scientists in Cooperation with The Egyptian Society for Biological Control of Pests . Publish all the researches abstracts, which presented in The First Arab Conference of Applied Biological Pest Control, Cairo, Egypt, 5-7 April 2004.
The First International Symposium on Environnement protection for development Biotechnological aspects. Fez, December
15 – 17, 2004.
The Second Syrian-Egyptian conference in the Agriculture and Food.
Agriculture Faculty, Al-Baath university, Homs, Syria. 25-28 April, 05
Current Status of Plant Protection in Yemen and Future Strategy.
Faculty of Agriculture, Sana'a University, Sana'a, yemen. December 18-20/2004
The 9th International Conference of the Orthopterists’ Society
Canada, on August 14 19, 2005
The First Arab Conference on Applications of Biological Control of Pests in Arab Countries
Middle-East Academy for Medicine of Ageing
First Annual Middle-East Age & Aging Meeting
8-11 April, 2004
Arab Society for Plant Protection (ASPP) in Cooperation with The Arab Scientists
Publish all the researches abstracts, which presented in the Eighth Arab Congress of
Plant Protection, held in Faculty of Agriculture, Omar Al-Mukhtar University, El-beida
City, Libya, October 12-16,2003